It all starts with frozen bananas and raspberries, blended with peanut butter and Maca, the superfood of the Incas. Over the centuries Maca has been called “magic, the food of the gods, a natural Viagra, and a miracle drug” for a reason…
What a powerful pink fairytale!
This is my fanciest morning routine I want to say! Easy and re-hydrating after a long night of sleep (or dance or …?!) – The perfect way to kick-start your day!
All you need is 5 ingredients, 1 blender, and 10 minutes.
Let’s serve this baby up and get snacking, shall we?
Pink Panther Smoothie Bowl
Decadent but healthy 5-ingredient pink smoothie with frozen banana, raspberries, maca powder, and peanut butter!
Creamy, rich, so satisfying.
Author: Jen May
Recipe type: Dessert, Breakfast, Beverage
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free
1 cup apple juice or plant milk
1 medium-large frozen banana
1/2 cup of raspberries
1/2 tsp Maca
1 tbsp peanut butter
Toppings : 1 just ripe banana, peeled and sliced lengthwise, berries, ripe cherries, shredded unsweetened coconut, chiaseeds, cacao nibs
- Add frozen banana, Maca, peanut butter, and juice or plant milk to blender and blend on low until thick and creamy, scraping down sides as needed. You are looking for a soft serve consistency.
- Add a bit more liquid if necessary and blend once more until thick and creamy and well blended.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more peanut butter for nuttiness, and salt for flavor balance, or Maca powder for more intense flavor.
- Give smoothie into a pretty bowl and top with desired toppings, such as banana, berries, cherries, shredded coconut, and cacao nibs.
- Best when fresh, but can be covered and frozen up to 2 days. Let thaw before enjoying.
Did you know?
When adding Maca to theirs smoothies most people feel their mood and energy level lift almost instantly. Mac is considered to have a relaxing effect on the heart, rather than a tension creating effect like caffeine. High doses can also increase fertility in men and women. Maca can also cause more frequent menstruation in some women.
Find out more about the supposed health benefits out Maca here.