Looking for a fun Brownie recipe? Stop searching, you found it! These simple vegan Matcha Brownies are all you will want to serve your friends and family from now on!
Matcha has incredible health benefits. It is packed with important antioxidants – to be exact, it has about 100 times more antioxidants than regular green tea. Consuming matcha is associated with improving health, reducing stress and increasing alertness. Matcha supports your metabolism, and gives you a steady sense of uplift, while it helps you stay grounded at the same time.
Matcha is also wonderful and healthy alternative to coffee. It contains one third of the amount of caffeine found in coffee, but enhances your mood and gives you energy. Not to forget its unique and beautiful color and the specific light sent that matcha-lovers enjoy so much!
There are so many ways to prepare matcha. I thought of something fun and a little naughty! I am sure you will love this one!
Simple Vegan Matcha Brownies
easy to make
a real crowdpleaser
For the brownies
150 g of dark chocolate
250 g whole grain flour
120 g of brown sugar
120 ml coconut oil
120 ml agave syrup
100 ml soy milk
50 g cocoa powder
1 tsp backing powder
1 tsp backing soda
1/3 tsp vanilla
a pinch of salt
For the topping
3 tbsp butter, melted
1 tbsp matcha tea powder
1 tbsp agave syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Mix flour, sugar, cocoa, vanilla, backing powder and soda, salt. Add milk, oil and syrup, blend well until all is combined.
- Cut chocolate into small chunks. Give into the dough.
Put a backing sheet or parchment paper into your brownie tray, mine is 22x30cm, but a round
tray for regular cake does the job, too.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes. Let the brownies cool out completely before you proceed. Don’t remove from tray just yet.
- Once the brownies are cooled out, you can mix all ingredients for the topping and give it over
the brownies. You then may sprinkle walnuts over it as I did. Put the brownies with the tray into
your fridge and let cool for at least an hour.
- When you are ready to serve the brownies, cut the dough into little squares. Voila!
You like this recipe? Let me know and leave a comment bellow! I would love to hear your opinion!
Learn more about Matcha, its origin and history and how to prepare delicious green tea treats on 3dots.fitness!