Better than any Unicorn drink you could ever imagen: The magical Earth Day Smoothie Bowl, straight from a baby blue fairy tale!
A sparkly pink drink sold by a huge coffeeshop chain, has been making baristas cry for a couple of days now. A barista in Colorado, published a video rant on Twitter about the drink, saying that it is terribly difficult to make and very messy. “Please don’t get it!” he said in the video. “I have unicorn crap all in my hair and on my nose. I have never been so stressed out in my entire life.”
The most magical ingredient of the expansive pink frapuccino though? A shitload of refined sugar. 59 g to be exact. That is 15 teaspoons ladies and gentleman. 15. I am just going to let that number sit.
Not to mention, that the frap is not vegan. Though it could be made without cream and milk. But think twice. Do you really want a drink made from your barista’s tears??? We all know that this drink exists only to be instagramed. So, I took it in my hands to come up with a much healthier, cheaper and homemade version – that is equally pretty to look at and totally instagramable!
I proudly present: The EARTH DAY SMOOTHIE BOWL
It happens to be Earth Day, this Saturday, 22nd of April. What better occasion, to come up with a colorful equivalent! The international holiday is a bit like Mother’s Day but for Mother Nature. Therefore I took some of the earth’s most delicious creations and threw them in my blender. Well. It wasn’t that simple, to be frank.
This drink …
- contains only natural ingredients
- and no artificial sweetener
- is high protein and high carb
- is super creamy
- and perfectly sweet
- pleasantly filling
- contains huge amounts of vitamins and nutrients
… and is therefore truly magical!
Try it and fall in love with this colorful blend!
Earth Day Smoothie Bowl
Topped with Raspberry Chia Pudding and Blue Majik
For the Smoothie
1,5 cups of almond milk
1 small ripe mango
1 frozen, ripe banana
1/2 cup of papaya
1 tsp grated ginger
1 tbsp Mettrum Originals Raw Hemp Protein
2 tbsp oats
Mettrum Originals™ Protein & Fibre Powder offers a balanced approach to fueling your body.This pure, single source vegetable protein and fibre has an abundance of amino acids essential to optimum health and performance. Boasting 65% edistin (the highest ranked protein in the plant kingdom) and 35% albumin, it contains 10% Omega 3, 6 and GLA beneficial fats. Milled at very low temperatures to ensure raw freshness and an ultra-fine powder.
For the Blue Majik
1 tsp Blue Majik
Blue Majik is an extract of Arthrospira platensis (Spirulina), a Nutrient Dense AquaBotanical. Its stunning blue pigment contains both phycocyanin and non-PC compounds. PC is clinically shown to relieve physical discomfort, which means consumers feel better, can do more activity, and enjoy an overall better quality of life.
For the Raspberry Chia Pudding
2 tbsp black or white chia seeds
1/2 cup of almond milk
1 tsp agave syrup
1/2 cup raspberries
- Prepare the chia pudding. Mix all the ingredients in a little jar, using a fork to mash up the raspberries. Let the pudding rest for 20 minutes, to allow that the chia seeds can soak up all liquid. Stir after 1o minutes, to get a creamy result.
- Give all ingredients for the smoothie in a blender and blend until smooth. Keep 1/2 cup of the mix in your blender, pour the rest in a nice bowl.
- Give the Blue Majik into the blender with the rest of the smoothie, blend again until combined well.
- Pour first the Blue Majik mix, then the Chia Pudding over the Smoothie, decorate with fruits and superfoods of your choice!
Sponsored by Mettrum Originals