I’m very excited to have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award!
The Versatile Blogger Award is given from one blogger to another, with special consideration given to the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the topics covered, the level of love conveyed by the author, and the quality of the photography and design.
I have to thank Madison from Suitcase Envy for nominating me! I feel very honoured to be chosen by such a skilled writer and fellow vegan traveller. She covers so many topics and destinations – which makes me wonder how she does it with a full-time job and Ph.D. She proudly calls herself a part-time adventurer, but her blogging is anything else but half-hearted!
About The Award
To accept my nomination, I’ve been tasked with putting together a blog post including the following:
- A “thank you” to the blogger who nominated me, including a link to that blog
- Seven facts about myself
- The rules of nominating and accepting, as well as the Versatile Blogger Award logo
- Nominations of up to 10 other bloggers to receive the award
Seven Facts About Me
– Lets get personal!
- As a small town girl from East Germany, I caught a travel bug very early in my life. My father took me to his home country Cuba every summer and thats where it all began. Besides being raised by a German mom and a Cuban dad, I only learned proper Spanish at the age of 16, when I moved out to explore South America by myself. The beginning of a life-time adventure and the constant wish to move around and learn about new cultures.
- I am an extroverted introvert. I learned that not so long ago, but it really makes a whole lot of sense. I have no problem being the life of the party or starting up a conversation with a random stranger. But I hate making calls and really dislike small talk. I can stand up and talk in front of a big crowd if I have to. I wanna be acknowledged for my work, but panic if somebody pays more than 30 seconds of attention to me. I love being around people, but do not always like to talk. I am often so exhausted from talking to people, that I won’t even respond text messages. Meeting new people is really great, but I like to know ahead of time, so I can actually mentally prepare for it. But on the other side, if I really like somebody, it can be taken as an honest compliment. I am very picky about who I spend my time with.
- I speak 4 languages fluently (German, English, Spanish and Portuguese). I have some basic knowledge, but am honestly struggling in French and Czech. I would love to improve and learn one or two other languages. Possibly Hebrew and Italian.
- I have serious obsessions with succulents, stripes and tattoos – on myself and others. I have 10 of them so far. I guess it is true what they say. Once you start, it is hard to stop.
- I am afraid of the dark. Like really afraid. Every night when I have to get up to pee, I meet the dilemma of switching on the light and be all awake or keep the light off and pee my pants.
- I do not drink a lot of alcohol. My body just can’t handle it, so I gave up trying. I do love a good glass of wine or two of a really nice craft beer.
- My happiest work places are cafés and coffeeshops. I can work by myself and am still surrounded by other people!
Enough about me! Here are several bloggers who I’m thrilled to nominate: